Crane Prairie Campground is located on the East shore of its namesake Crane Prairie Reservoir. It has multiple camp grounds, 4 forest service and 1 private RV park and resort. Located 33 miles from Bend, Oregon, just off the scenic Cascades Lakes Highway. It’s a man made lake created in 1922, to help with irrigation issues.
- Waterfowl flourishes with wonderful viewing areas. Sandhill cranes, Canadian geese, bald eagles and osprey are a few of the large birds that frequent the area.
- On summer mornings its possible to see Rocky Mountain Elk grazing in the meadows.
- Let’s not forget the fishing, rainbow trout and bass are abundant. Fish cleaning stations and boat ramps are within the campground.
- The campground offers many cites that accommodate rv’s and tents, several located right on the waterfront. Cites are equipped with tables and fire rings with grills.
- Showers and a small grocery store are located at the near by resort.
- To reserve a site contact RESERVE AMERICA
MAY 29 thru May 30 , 2016
We returned to Crane Prairie Resort and stayed 4 days ,with perfect weather and fishing conditions. This resort is located just across the street from the Crane Prairie campground which is part of the forest service. Our campground at the resort was $35.00 a night with full hookups. The hook ups needed some tender loving care. The electritricity registered 106 volts and with our serge protector we were not able to use anything electric due to its protection from low voltage. So needless to say we had to switch everything to propane.We did go discuss this with the management, we were told they were at the end of the line. Well the end of the line did not do much to protect our appliances or air conditioner. It did get down to 31 degrees at night, luckily we had our buddy heater to save the day.
Below are pictures of our fantastic stay with our friends.
Cheers From Liz and Jeff-Just Around The Bend